- Gianluca Gibbons recently released a new Christmas single "Christmas With You"
It sounds like the beginning of a joke. Except that this really happened …
A classically-trained, pop-piano virtuoso really did walk into a bar. But, as a result, she’d end up working with 2Pac’s engineer, Bermudian soul-pop artist Gianluca Gibbons (As seen opening for Wyclef Jean, Natasha Bedingfield) and they’ve just released “Christmas With You”, a soulful, contemporary pop single. And it all happened in the space of about four weeks that concluded with a 12-hour session that ended at 7 am on Thanksgiving morning last week.
Listen to “Christmas With You”: https://youtu.be/HyZHGTtq3U0
· Four weeks ago, EM met Gianluca Gibbons after she played at an event he was hosting at a local music venue in Los Angeles.
· About two weeks later, by November 25 (Last week), they’d written the single and were in the studio with legendary engineer Tommy D. Daugherty (2Pac, Dr. Dre, Prince), a notable producer at Death Row Records for 16 years.
· After 12-hour sessions including a marathon that ended at 7 am on Thanksgiving morning last week, they finished.
The “Christmas With You” Story: On Christmas Day, two travelers accidentally meet, when both are stuck with no transport. After a moment of sadness, hope prevails as a connection sparks between the two, the lyrics speaking, “The season of love, has so much to give. Open your heart, that is the gift”. “Christmas With You” spreads the simple message that although Christmas won’t always bring you what you hope for, if you are open to the unexpected, magic can occur.
· About EM: https://www.emthemaster.com/curious
· About Gianluca Gibbons: https://www.gianlucagibbons.com/about
· About Tommy “D” Daugherty: https://thesource.com/2017/07/07/2pacs-chief-engineer-wants-release-tell-makaveli-book/
What's Your Reaction?
Co-Founder, Webmaster,Editor and Content Creator of WeAreBermuda.com